MBAM does not block IP Test Site

The site http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/is a clean site, no need to run it against VirusTotal...

The site was created by Malwarebytes for the sole purpose of testing MBAM web blocker feature.

If your MBAM is not blocking the site check your settings to make sure you have the WebBlocker turned on.

Going to that page you should get a MBAM block followed by the page loading and stating "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has blocked a potentially malicious website."

After reading this thread i tested the MBAM IP Test site, and MBAM did not block it with Malicious Website Protection enabled.

I had installed 2.1.8.1057 over the top of the previous MBAM version.

I uninstalled MBAM in Programs and Features (not using mbam-clean).

Rebooted

Re-installed 2.1.8.1057.

The MBAM IP Test site is now blocked for me.

I'm using Win 7 x64, fully updated.

Thanks for the heads-up iamauser :)

Check out the Daily Protection Log when MBAM isn't blocking sites or when it can't access the update server. It will likely look a lot like the following (Malicious Website Protection didn't start until after I opened MBAM as an administrater and successfully connected to the update server - There was no warning of these issues on the Dashboard or the Taskbar):

post-7145-0-58065800-1437190144_thumb.jp

Check out the Daily Protection Log when MBAM isn't blocking sites or when it can't access the update server. It will likely look a lot like the following (Malicious Website Protection didn't start until after I opened MBAM as an administrater and successfully connected to the update server - There was no warning of these issues on the Dashboard or the Taskbar):

attachicon.gifDaily Protection Log.jpg

Thanks calintexas for the suggestion.

For me it seems you are right.

I normally logon with a Standard (Limited) account, and often see the "Bad md5 or size" errors in the Protection logs.

I logged off, logged in with my Admin account, and MBAM updated without these errors.

I didn't have this problem prior to version 2.1.8.1057.

Now it seems protection may not be working correctly with no alert or warning.

I asked about these errors when i first tested 2.1.8.1057 ...

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169507-mbam-2181057-released/?p=970490

Thanks calintexas for the suggestion.

For me it seems you are right.

I normally logon with a Standard (Limited) account, and often see the "Bad md5 or size" errors in the Protection logs.

I logged off, logged in with my Admin account, and MBAM updated without these errors.

I didn't have this problem prior to version 2.1.8.1057.

Now it seems protection may not be working correctly with no alert or warning.

I asked about these errors when i first tested 2.1.8.1057 ...

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169507-mbam-2181057-released/?p=970490

I had several days (all in non-admin mode) of errors in the log beginning 07/08/2015 up until I did a re-install on 7/16. There is no indication in the logs that website blocking restarts after the errors; although, as you say, there is no alert or warning. My guess is that the issue is much more widespread than they realize as people are only going to come across it if they notice a website that should be blocked isn't, or they get curious when they can't force a database update.

Hi, all:

Until a staff member has a chance to weigh in, this thread is going to get "messy" and confusing with so many users posting in it.

Each computer is unique.

As no one has yet posted  the standard diagnostic logs, it's not yet clear whether the behavior you all describe really is "the same", or not.

As such, it's also not clear if this is a bug, expected behavior or something on your systems.

In the interest of expediting help from the MBAM team members I respectfully suggest that @DavidMbncus and @calintexas might want to please start your own separate topics, attaching a set of 3 Diagnostic Logs to your new post.

That way, you can each receive individual, customized assistance.

Thanks  very much for your understanding and patience.

Cheers,