Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Option "No Notifications While Playing Games"

Hello I was wondering for people that are unable to update the software or just regular notifications could be disabled during games but nothing else. As if someone forgot and then they might not be aware of an detentions. It would be less annoying for a youtuber like myself,to have to press later on a new update or exit out of a notification. I admit once the update comes you should update the program immediately, but this is just a suggestion.

Thanks!

So you're suggesting some kind of "Gaming Mode" for Malwarebytes, like some Antivirus products have (ESET, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc.)? You can manually disable the notifications and the auto-update feature from Malwarebytes when you need. You could simply do that whenever you have to record yourself playing games. Personally, that's what I would do.

So you're suggesting some kind of "Gaming Mode" for Malwarebytes, like some Antivirus products have (ESET, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc.)? You can manually disable the notifications and the auto-update feature from Malwarebytes when you need. You could simply do that whenever you have to record yourself playing games. Personally, that's what I would do.

Yeah but when it comes to remeber after the recording I tend to forget. A weakness of my computer is thats its sumwhat slow so I can only use Malwarebytes. If thats off then my computers screwed. D:

Hi, JGamez:

It sounds from your original post as if you only want to disable the notification popups of successful updates (while gaming).

In fact, the subject of your post is "No Notifications...".
That can be done from the scheduler -- the setting in question is shown in the screen shot below.
Doing so will not compromise your computer security, as the update checks and the database updates will still run as scheduled.
Alternatively, you can fully disable non-critical notifications now from the dashboard > settings > general settings.

If you are talking in your subsequent reply about somehow disabling protection features while gaming on a slow computer, I doubt that feature will be high on the list for developers.
MBAM real-time resource use -- even when scanning -- is not an issue on most modern systems.

More importantly, disabling protection during gaming or other activities (some of which use P2P connections) could compromise the system security.

Having said that, the developers did mention that more granular user control over certain non-critical popups may be provided with a future program version.

Perhaps the product development team will have some additional feedback.

Thank you,

P.S. If you could use the vEsOWqp.png button, instead of the JlJ2Op6.png button, it would be easier for everyone to follow the thread. Thanks! :)

post-29793-0-67381400-1432410632_thumb.p

Are you able to give me your computer specs? Malwarebytes shouldn't be the only defence layer installed on a system, its meant to complement an active Antivirus program in order to offer increased protection. Despite the fact that the product is really good by itself, its not enough.

Hi, Aura:

This is not really the correct forum for computer support -- this is the MBAM product "Comments and Suggestions" section.

Moreover, JGamez already has an open, working topic in the malware removal section with one of our malware experts.

Further work to diagnose or tweak his system would best wait until after his malware helper gives him the "all clear".

And such work would be conducted in a different forum area, perhaps the PC Help section.

Thanks for your understanding,

Yeah I know about the disabling that notification. What I meant by is when there is a program update available. The reason I want it to be disabled for gaming only is if I were to disable it I would most likely forget and then be at risk.  :blush:

Hi:

Program updates happen a few times a YEAR.

If you visit the forum often and/or subscribe to the MBAM newsletter, you'll likely know about them well in advance.

So, you ought to be able to game 99.9999999% of the time without worrying about a PROGRAM update notification.

Alternatively, you could disable the PROGRAM auto-update check feature and just take your PROGRAM updates manually.

If you're not going to update the program when it is offered to you via the auto-updater, then there's not much point in enabling the feature.

If the feature is enabled, it *will* prompt you to update when the program update is available.

So, you may as well turn it off if you are going to ignore the notifications anyway? :unsure:

(NOTE: Database updates are released several times a day.)

Thank you,

post-29793-0-60895400-1432413581_thumb.p