Stuck on heuristic analysis and crash

This hasn't been a one time only problem, this has been multiple occurrences.

Everytime I try to run any type of scan, I am stuck in the heuristic analysis portion of the scan. I usually leave it or stop the scan after x-amount of hours but this time, I let it run on in the hopes that maybe it will finish for once. After about 8 and a half hours, with 12k hits, compared to the 2 before heuristic analysis, malwarebytes crashes. This, the crash, is the first time that's ever happened. Once before, heuristic analysis went well into the 19 hour mark and didn't crash. 

So my question is, why is this happening and how can I fix this? I want to finish a scan so very badly.

Hello MrZero and :welcome:

Based on your reported observation, the computer is probably too infected for normal operation and malware removal actions are not permitted in this sub-forum.

Therefore I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Thank you. :)

Hello,

seems i have the same problem after installed last version 2.1.6.1022 yesterday.

2 manifestation

After starting the pc mbam take continually 13% of the cpu!

If i stop then restart the mbamprocess and start an exam the exam goes thru the heuristic test with no detection but stay stuck at this place, trying to stop the programthru the mbam control panel , program hangs!

Windows 7 64 bits with latest updates.

Remarks: i installed mbam under admin but i use it under my userid!

Thanks for your help

Hi, and :welcome: , ghostbuster:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox