[SOLVED] Crashing Firefox

libertytrek

This is really bad... wish I hadn't told everyone to update it every time.,..

This latest version is causing massive crashing problems in Firefox...

Sometimes Flash related, but all you have to do is try to select some text on most web pages to copy it and Anti-Exploit pops-up and immediately crashes Firefox.

Disabling Anti-Exploit resolves the problem.

Only Anti-Exploit was updated.

Help!!! Can't believe no one else has reported this yet...

... but all you have to do is try to select some text on most web pages to copy it and Anti-Exploit pops-up and immediately crashes Firefox.

Just for FYI I tried this with the latest version of MBAE and Firefox and do not experience any lockups, I am using FF v33.0.3. I then updated to version 34.0.5 and tried again, and no lockups..

I just thought I'd update forum members on my Firefox freezing problem (it seems as though it has nothing to do with MBAE).  Yesterday I discovered a preference in Firefox about:config:

layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled  the default is set to "true" but switching it to "false" seems to have cured the problem.

Firefox 33+ introduced new render features which it seems have been reported to have made tabs hang on some systems and this preference is part of those features.

I've been running with the said preference switched to false for about 12 hours and I've not had a single hang so far (touch wood). :)