Multiple Stoppages

Accessinng my emails today for the first time in a few days, I was surprised when a series of windows popped up saying that mbam had stopped a number of attacks. The only one I remember was "Kickass ...etc". Do others get these windows and what is the best way to deal with them?

Hi:

It's hard to say without more information (e.g. MBAM protection logs and diagnostic logs).

I suggest the following:

• Please read the following pinned topic and ATTACH to your next reply all 3 requested logs: Diagnostic Logs (NOTE: If you have run FRST on this computer before, please place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option before running it)
  • AND please ATTACH to your next reply a PROTECTION log from a day where you saw the IP blocks -- instructions are below.

Thanks,

--------------------------------------

*How to get PROTECTION or SCAN logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the PROTECTION LOG or SCAN LOG which corresponds to the date/time in question (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Attach the saved log to your next reply.

Hi:

Thanks.

There's a problem with the FRST.txt log (it's just a few text characters, rather than a full log, for some reason).

Please re-attach it (or re-run FRST and attach a fresh set of both logs).

Also, please attach a PROTECTION log (not a scan log) for a day when you report seeing the IP blocks. :)

EDIT: See screenshot.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-29626500-1418139945_thumb.p

Hi:

Preliminary review suggests that you might be infected.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.

>>As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a new post in the malware removal section of the forum -- please attach the latest FRST and MBAM scan logs to that new post.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,