Shako

After the online scan, then you could install an antivirus program.

If cost is an issue, you can get a good free one from BitDefender.

ESET makes a top of the line antivirus as does BitDefender, Avira, Kaspersky too.

**Download and install an antivirus program, and make sure that you keep it updated**
New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software.
I suggest getting the BitDefender Free Edition
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

**Note:** You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.

I will be away for a few hours  and will plan to check on you much later.

The 3 files you should be able to delete on your own.  Use Windows Explorer.  Navigate to each location.  Select file > delete.

C:\ProgramData\APN\APN-Stub\W3IV6-G\APNIC.dll    a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.F potentially unsafe application
C:\Temp\ARO2010_mt.exe   
C:\Users\All Users\APN\APN-Stub\W3IV6-G\APNIC.dll

TIP:

Pay close attention when installing 3rd-party programs.

It is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Furthermore, If the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you cancel the install and not use the free software.

Q:  How is the system now ?

I suggest running Combofix.

You will want to print out or copy these instructions to Notepad for offline reference!

These steps are for member Shako62 only. If you are a casual viewer, do NOT try this on your system!

If you are not and have a similar problem, do NOT post here; start your own topic

Do not run or start any other programs while these utilities and tools are in use!

Do NOT run any other tools on your own or do any fixes other than what is listed here.

If you have questions, please ask before you do something on your own.

But it is important that you get going on these following steps.

=

Close any of your open programs while you run these tools.

On most all of the following programs and tools, you will need to do a right-click on the program link or shortcut or desktop icon (as appropriate) and then select "Run as Administrator". Please remember that as you go along and use these tools, each in turn.

If you have a prior copy of Combofix, delete it now

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and SAVE it to your Desktop.

Link 1

Link 2

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your Desktop and not run straight away from download **

Turn OFF your antivirus, otherwise it will interfere. How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Have infinite patience during the run & scan by Combofix. It has many phases: some 50+ stages

It will display it's "stage" within the Command prompt window. Do NOT panic if it seems slow to change ! It has lots of work.

You may notice the desktop icons disappear. Do NOT panic, as that is expected behavior.

Combofix my take as little as 10 minutes and perhaps as much as 30-40 minutes. Time taken will depend on speed of your system and how much there is to scan & how much it needs to clean.

If this is on a notebook system, make sure first the notebook is connected to wall-power (AC power)or a UPS system

Important: Have no other programs running. Your Task Bar should be clear of any program entries including your Browser.

Right- click on Combo-Fix.exe on your Desktop cf-icon.jpg and select "Run as Administrator".

• A window may open with a warning or prompts. Accept the EULA and follow the prompts during the start phase of Combofix.

When the scan completes Notepad will open with with your results log open. Do a File, Exit and answer 'Yes' to save changes.

A caution - Do not run Combofix more than once.

Do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed, as this may cause the process to stall or your computer to lock.

The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled.

If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

A file will be created at => C:\Combofix.txt.

Notes:

[1] IF after Combofix reboot you get the message

Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion

....please reboot the computer, this should resolve the problem. You may have reboot the pc a second time if needed.

[2] Do not mouseclick combofix's window nor run any program while Combofix is running.

That may cause it to stall.

[3]When all done, IF Combofix did not do a Restart...then ... I need for you to Restart the system fresh :excl:

Reply & Copy & Paste contents of the C:\Combofix.txt log

and tell me, How is the system now icon_question.gif

Re-enable your antivirus program.

On your antivirus, I would suggest doing a Bitdefender scan  ( first closing all of Internet Explorer and any other browser first).

As to this webpage,  ( and I do not know which website this is ) the IE is giving that message.  It is probably a good thing that IE is advising you.

Lest you know for real sure that the website is 100% safe.

Now, if for example, this is on a Facebook page or a "social media" type page, or similar, it is best to do as IE sugests.

I then would not expect that MSN would have bad code.  The messages do NOT mean there is a malware on your system.

IE is giving you just a notice about running a script or a webpage control off MSN.

You have normal options, choose Allow

or choose to add this website to the IE browsers list of Safe sites.

All of this is normal behavior from Internet Explorer.   I am going to compose a list ( for next reply) to cleanup the tools we used so far,

1.Close all Internet Explorer and Explorer windows that are currently open.

2.Start Internet Explorer for a fresh start.

Note If you are running Windows 8, start Internet Explorer for the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop.

3.On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.

4.In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab.

5.Tap or click Reset. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default.

6.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
Tip: For optimal results, enable the Delete personal settings option.

7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings,
press "Shift+CTRL+Delete keys" and delete temporary internet cache files.

tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.

We can wrap this up now. I see that you are clear of your original issues.
If you have a problem with these steps, or something does not quite work here, do let me know.

The following few steps will remove tools we used. Advise me after you have completed the cleanups.

We have to remove Combofix and all its associated folders. By whichever name you named it, ( you had named it ComboFix    
put that name in the RUN box stated just below.
The "/uninstall" in the Run line below is to start Combofix for it's cleanup & removal function.
Note the space before the slash mark.
The utility must be removed to prevent any un-intentional or accidental usage, PLUS, to free up much space on your hard disk.

• Highlight the line in this CODEBOX.
    Select & Copy the entire line within this codebox (so that it is in Windows clipboard memory)

c:\users\Gaming\Desktop\ComboFix.exe /uninstall
  • Start >> type in cmd >> press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter keyboard combination and cmd.exe will be launched as if you selected Run as Administrator. You will then see a User Account Control prompt asking if you would like to allow the Command Prompt to be able to make changes on your computer. Click on the Yes button and you will now be at the Elevated Command Prompt.

Do a Right click within the command prompt window and select Paste.  This must show the line from Codebox above.
    Then tap Enter

IF in the case Combofix un-install has an issue, skip that step.

NEXT

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.

Delete the following if still present:
FRST.exe

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Fixlist.txt

Fixlog.txt

mbar.exe

the folder \mbar

You may use Control Panel >> Programs and Features and uninstall ESET Online scan.

The current Java release version is Java 8 update 25.   Uninstall any old version on this system.

If you must have Java, then get the latest one.

Safer practices & malware prevention

We are finished here. Best regards. cool.gif