My rootkit scan log says "disabled"?

I have rootkits enabled under the settings, but the scan logs says "disabled".  Twice now when i try and boot the computer from off a MBytes window pops up in red saying it cant operate becuase rootkit is unable to run (or something like that).

I alsorecently have been getting these reimageplus, pctools windows openign up one after hte other in firefox.  It opens like 20 of them right after another?

I ran two scans and it says no threats?  Any ideas?

Hello and :welcome: :

It sounds like you have 3 issues, which may or may not be related.

This one is a known cosmetic/logging bug due to be fixed in a future release:

I have rootkits enabled under the settings, but the scan logs says "disabled".

This one can have a number of possible causes, including a rootkit infection,  or an encrypted hard drive (BitLocker, TrueCrypt, SecureDoc, etc), but the explanation/cause depends on which exact error message or code you are seeing:

Twice now when i try and boot the computer from off a MBytes window pops up in red saying it cant operate becuase rootkit is unable to run (or something like that).

This one sounds as if you could be infected:

I alsorecently have been getting these reimageplus, pctools windows openign up one after hte other in firefox.  It opens like 20 of them right after another?

So, let's get some basic information to help us to better assist you.

Please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

Hi:

It looks as if you posted your logs in a new topic >>HERE<<, rather than back here in this thread. ;)
As both threads relate to the same computer, the mod team will probably merge them here.
No worries, though. :)

That particular error (20025)  is typically seen when a previous version of the rootkit driver is still present on the system, although it's been hard for the QA team to reproduce it in the lab.

The typical resolution for 20025 is running mbam-clean and reinstalling.
So, a clean reinstall of the program may resolve that error.
The instructions to do so are here -- please be sure to follow them carefully: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.

Having said all that, however, your logs show that you are infected with at least PUPs (Spigot, etc).
So, after performing the MBAM clean reinstall, you might want to get some free help with checking and cleaning your system.
To do so, please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help AND the preliminary steps to take to expedite the process.

It will help a great deal if you could post a fresh set of diagnostic logs in a new, separate topic in the malware removal section after performing the MBAM clean removal process and running FRST and mbam-check again. >>Before running FRST again, please place a check-mark in the Addition.txt option.<<
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thanks,

Hi:

Sorry for late reply - I had a power outage b/c of thunderstorms.

It's certainly up to you. :)

But since you have paid for the software, you might want to let us help you to get it running properly?

20025 error:

As I mentioned, this error has been hard for the QA team to track down.

I am just a home user & forum volunteer, but a clean reinstall following these steps (including rebooting when prompted) usually resolves it: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

I am not sure why that is not the case on your system.

Your CheckResults.txt log definitely shows something is blocking MBAM from installing/running/updating properly on your system.

PUPs:

MBAM can and does remove PUPs, when it is properly configured by the user to do so, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Your repeat FRST log did not include the requested 2nd log, Addition.txt, so it's impossible to know if HitmanPro cleaned all Spigot and other remnants.

A clean scan with a single anti-malware tool (and even the absence of symptoms) does not mean that the system is fully clean.

Complete malware removal and repair often requires the use of multiple tools, under expert guidance, as explained here: The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware

Your original logs also show outdated Java, outdated Adobe Flash Player, and other security vulnerabilities.

(Your logs also show quite a few system and application errors.)

In any event, if you would like assistance with getting MBAM up and running and with checking/cleaning the system of malware/remnants, please feel free to let us know.

We will be happy to help you.

>>It would help to have BOTH logs from FRST: Place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option and then re-run it, to produce BOTH logs, please.

>>It would also help to know if the scan runs to completion without errors if you DISABLE anti-rootkit scanning (at least temporarily, to troubleshoot).

The staff members and forum experts may have some additional advice for you. :)

Cheers,