Malicious Website Protection disabled, Fixed but still concerned

Got a notification that Malicious Website Protection was disabled with an exclamation point over the MBAM icon.  Reboot did not fix.

Opened program and Fix Now did nothing.  In Settings>Detection and Protection>Malicious Website Protection I could see the radio button was set to disabled.  Changing to enabled did nothing.  Program seemed broken.  Could not run a scan.  Would ask to update definitions (they were up to date) and would get an error message saying scan could not complete (or similar).  Ran Chameleon and each test would pop up the DOS box but no scan ever ran.

Saw a post with a similar issue that said to uninstall/reinstall.  I was freaking a bit and did not do the 2X uninstall but rather reinstalled only.  It did say it would remove or replace (icon disappeared momentarily) and MBAM was again installed.  Program again working fine.  Ran Threat Scan and it found nothing.  My AV and two other on demand scanners also showed nothing.

I am sure I should run and include the Diagnostic Logs (is here appropriate?) but thought I should ask first.  Is it possible the program got borked and reinstalling fixed it or is this a sign of infection? 

bru, below are the steps needed to post the diagnostics...

Just 3 Logs

We would need more info on the system....

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

@ pro

Hi, and :welcome: , Pro:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button. (where we can help you in your own topic)

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox

Hi, again, bru: :)

It would greatly assist us to help you solve your issues if you would please provide a bit of system information, as @Firefox requested earlier. :)
Please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt).

Regarding your other replies in the other user's topics here and here, yes, there was some confusion with the new scan names.

Here is more information about the different scan types in version 2:
https://www.malwareb.../mbam/Scan.html

"Flash" is now "Hyper"
"Quick" is now "Threat"
"Full" is now "Custom"

Hyper scan is available only to paid, PREMIUM users and is not routinely needed or recommended -- if anything is found, a subsequent Threat scan will be needed anyway.
THREAT scan is the most important and most useful scan -- it is the one that ought be run on a regular basis (daily is the default setting now in 2.0).
Custom depends on what drives, folders and files are selected -- routine use of a "full" system scan is neither necessary nor recommended, as it's a task better suited to your antivirus.

There are many factors that influence scan times -- some of them make 2.0 "faster" than 1.75, while others make it a bit "slower".

Without seeing the system logs we've requested, it's hard for us to know what is happening with your system.

>>So, if you could please provide the logs, we can better help you.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Bru,

Let me make a suggestion that you install the Beta version 2.0.3

The issue that you see is cured by the version 2.0.3 of the program.

I would highly recommend that you install our Beta Version 2.0.3.1024  just now made public.

BTW, I am running this Beta 2.0.3.1024 without issues.  And it will notify you when the next version is available.
With your consent, do what is listed below.  If you do not want the beta, then stop and let me know about that.

Remember to do this on the  EXE tools (below)..... you will need to do a right-click on the EXE program  and then select "Run as Administrator". Please remember that as you go along and use these tools, each in turn.

Please follow the steps below to do special steps for a  installation of the Anti-Malware program.

NOTE: **SAVE the downloads to your system first.**  
Do not "run" them while in the browser program.
When presented with the option to Run or Save, you must select Save.

1: Please do a Logoff >> Shutdown >> Restart so that Windows is in a new session.

2: Download and SAVE to your system the latest 2.0.3 version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below:
https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/v26ebjrlq024nwr079q7

3: Now run the setup:
Do a Right-click on mbam-setup-2.0.3.1024.exe and select Run as Administrator and allow to run.
Answer YES when prompted by User Account Control ( Windows ).

If your Windows is XP, simply just double click on mbam-setup-2.0.3.1024.exe  to start the setup.

Have lots of patience as the Setup runs.
Then provide detail on how it went.

NOTE:
I would suggest that when the install is completed, that you do one more Logoff >> Restart Windows so that all is finalized to storage.

Please always tell me the exact error message you get  ( if you get one)  and the conditions of how it appears / how it happens.
It is so important to get details from you each and every time { and not just "error" or, <same as before> }.

Regards,
Maurice