[SOLVED] MBAE with BitDefender conflict with Chrome

tritium

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Hi tritium, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

When you say:

"Uninstalled mbae and still the same."

Do you mean that after uninstalling MBAE you are still seeing problems with Chrome?

Can you attach here a DDS or FRST log please?

Same issue, started happening yesterday.

Chrome keeps coming up with popup box - Chrome unresponsive.

Opera is the same, doesn't respond.

IE works fine.

Deactivated the chrome and opera shields and I was able to start loading web pages.

Activated the shields and was unable to open any page (even the default start pages) on either browser.

Tried opening with internal webpage and that didn't open either.

dds and other logs in zip file

Report.zip

• Staff

The only thing out of the ordinary that I see in both logs is that you both have BitDefender. Maybe a recent BD update is causing a conflict?

Could you try completely uninstalling BD, rebooting and seeing if the problem persists?

Just yesterday I noticed that both Chrome and Opera would no longer load and open any web pages.

This problem did not affect IE or Firefox which work fine.

I merhodically disabled Windows Firewall first, then my BitDefender Anti-Virus, and then finally MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit.

As soon as I disabled MBAE the problem stopped.

Both Chrome and Opera would load properly and navigate and open any web page that I selected.

As soon as I restarted the MBAE program the problem started again.

Using a methodical approach, I was able to determine that the problem is not the firewall of the BitDefender Anti-Virus.

Again, the problem with Chrome and Opera only occur when MBAE is actively running, and this only started on July 17th, 2014.

I'm running the experimental version. In the last couple of days, chrome won't start unless I stop MBAE. Chrome just hangs trying to start and stops responding. If I close chrome and then stop protection in MBAE, I can then start chrome. I can then start MBAE again and use chrome until I close chrome. I see others are having this same problem in the non experimental forum. I don't run Bit Defender. Logs attatched below.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.7z

Attach.txtDDS.txt

• Staff

Could not replicate so far.

Can you guys also please post a list of Extensions?

Afterwards please disable all Extensions and verify if the problem continues. If it doesn't, enable Extensions one-by-one while re-testing with MBAE to see if there is a specific Extension that may be the one conflicting.

I disabled Chrome BD quickscan and wallet extensions - no difference

Disabled Chrome and Opera shields

Both worked fine, enabled BD Wallet and then enabled Chrome shield - worked fine

Enabled BD quickscan and tested chrome - worked fine

Enabled Opera shield - both browsers stopped working

Disabled Opera - still not working

Disabled Chrome - worked fine

Enabled Chrome shield again and it works fine.

Seems like Chrome works if Opera shield is disabled but not if both Chrome and Opera are enabled.

Hi there,

I am having exactly the same problem, sudely Google Chrome stopped working, if I turn MBAE 1.03.1.1220 protection off it works.

Running on Win 7 64 bits also running Bitdefender Antivirus plus and scanned disk tons of times with MAB (updated).

I've tried everything, uninstall MBAE, Chrome, delete appdata files, reintalled, runned in safe mode, scan again, check registry. Is it bitdefender?

Sorry I am not sure how to generate dds file, let me know please I'll send back. Cheers.

• Staff

Thanks for all your tests so far. Can you all still having the problem please uninstall BitDefender, reboot, and see if the problem resolves itself after uninstalling BitDefender? If so please post here to confirm.

After confirming you can re-install and either deactivate the Chrome shield under MBAE or deactivate MBAE temporarily while we provide a solution.

OK this morning i uninstalled BitDefender and MBAE works fine Chrome loads and works correctly.Reinstalled BitDefender and MBAE will not let Chrome open completely.Must be a BitDefender problem

Don't know how to deactivate the Chrome shield in MBAE looks like the free version does not allow this if i can do this please explain how.

Thanks 

I have three computers that run Anti Exploit and all of them killed Chrome.

I just installed windows on another computer and loaded chrome. Chrome has nothing at all no extensions. When Anti Exploit runs after you restart the computer, chrome does not work at all.

Chrome will always be loading -> when you type another URL; it will be loading, it will never go to that page. When you open a new tab, it will always be loading, never reaching that page

-> When you go to settings, you will never load that page, it will be loading....When you go to about - same problem...i do not have bitdefender and only MBAE

OK this morning i uninstalled BitDefender and MBAE works fine Chrome loads and works correctly.Reinstalled BitDefender and MBAE will not let Chrome open completely.Must be a BitDefender problem

Don't know how to deactivate the Chrome shield in MBAE looks like the free version does not allow this if i can do this please explain how.

Thanks 

Can you stop protection completely from AE and see if that works?

I had the same issue and it took me a lot of time to narrow everything down to MAEP. That is because one of the first things I did was turn it off and Chrome still would not load the pages. I also turned BitDefender Total Security off and that did not help. So after trying several other things that I found on the Chrome Forum which did not work, I finally uninstalled MAEP and Chrome still would not run. I had to Restart the PC after uninstalling and now everything is fine. Until Malwarebytes comes up with a solution--I have to leave the Program off my PC. The ironic thing is this all started when I ran CCleaner and had to force shutdown Chrome. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what. This whole thing sure wasted a lot of my time :(