Question from a paranoid person

So, I made this account just now so I could post this and hopefully get an answer. Mind telling me why Malware-Bytes is getting picked up as a virus? Now don't get me wrong, I'm gonna go ahead and guess it is a false positive; considering it is being said by something I have never heard of in my life.

But I am generally a paranoid person and something like this, kinda screws with me. So mind giving some insight?

post-169325-0-37159800-1405653554_thumb.

It indicates Trojan/Win32.SGeneric.  It's not getting "picked up as a virus", its getting picked up as a trojan.

Yes - It is a False Positive.  Need insight ?  Ask the company who is making the False Positive declaration.

Mistakes get made.  Kind of like the one you just made.  The third party AV application declares it a trojan and you called it a "virus".  Any insight on why   :P

Pardon me for jumping in here, but it would be good to know what anti-virus program is saying that.  Sometimes exclusions need to be set to keep one from looking at another.  Other times, anti-virus companies need to be specifically told about the problem.  Knowing who it is helps.

Sorry for jumping in, David.

It indicates Trojan/Win32.SGeneric.  It's not getting "picked up as a virus", its getting picked up as a trojan.

Yes - It is a False Positive.  Need insight ?  Ask the company who is making the False Positive declaration.

Mistakes get made.  Kind of like the one you just made.  The third party AV application declares it a trojan and you called it a "virus".  Any insight on why   :P

I realized the mistake in what it specifically was, after I posted it. Didn't feel like editing it, as it was something small.

But thank you for your answer.