ANything internet related crashing with Malwarebytes 2.0 - Malwarebytes 1.75 fine

Hello all,

This is related to my last topic that I had closed prematurely: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=144958&hl=

It appears the issue is not resolved.  From what I can tell, it has every thing do with Malwarebytes 2.0 and my Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Card e2200.

I just updated to the latest Malwarebytes Version 2.0.1.1004 and also tried both drivers; one from the manufacturer site and the one from my Motherboard site.  Neither of which appeared to make a difference.  This was never an issue when I had Malwarebytes 1.75.  It's only since I updated to the the 2.0 version

The only thing I ask before making suggestions, please take a look at my last post and read everything we have already tried.  The only thing I can say is that it has something to do with the service that is running at startup:

"C:\Program Files\Qualcomm Atheros\Network Manager\KillerService.exe"

and/or

"Killer Network Manager"

If I uncheck this box, Apply Settings and power cycle the computer, the box gets "checked" again automatically.

As long as the box stays "unchecked", everything works fine.

Again, please keep in mind that this was not an issue with the previous Malwarebytes 1.75.

Hello all,

This is related to my last topic that I had closed prematurely: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=144958&hl=

It appears the issue is not resolved.  From what I can tell, it has every thing do with Malwarebytes 2.0 and my Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Card e2200.

I just updated to the latest Malwarebytes Version 2.0.1.1004 and also tried both drivers; one from the manufacturer site and the one from my Motherboard site.  Neither of which appeared to make a difference.  This was never an issue when I had Malwarebytes 1.75.  It's only since I updated to the the 2.0 version

The only thing I ask before making suggestions, please take a look at my last post and read everything we have already tried.  The only thing I can say is that it has something to do with the service that is running at startup:

"C:\Program Files\Qualcomm Atheros\Network Manager\KillerService.exe"

post-20925-0-22968700-1396747435_thumb.j

and/or

"Killer Network Manager"

If I uncheck this box, Apply Settings and power cycle the computer, the box gets "checked" again automatically.

post-20925-0-24842400-1396747448_thumb.j

As long as the box stays "unchecked", everything works fine.

Again, please keep in mind that this was not an issue with the previous Malwarebytes 1.75.

Temporary work-around here:

1) Remove "Killer Network Manager" from your "C:\Users\ (User Name) \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" folder.

2) Disable "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service V2" within Services.  Depending on your Killer network card and software, it may not be exactly like that but it should still be listed as "Qualcomm".

3) Restart your computer

Don't worry.  This does not disable you network card.

post-20925-0-67319600-1397174065_thumb.j

• 1 month later...